The club held the AGM on Thursday, July 18th. Over 30 members were present, including seven members of the newly formed women's rugby team.
Below are the minutes.
- The club voted unanimously to stay Division III in the AZ union for the 2020 season.
- The club will request a test match vs Tempe in the 2020 season.
- The club voted unanimously to move the practice location to acquire a larger training pitch. Biltmore Prep will still be rented by the club for youth and women's sides.
- The club voted unanimously to align, unofficially, with Thunderbird Rugby Club. The clubs will remain separate entities, but will train together once a week and Phoenix developmental players will play in the associate division with Thunderbird. Pending acceptance from Thunderbird club vote and union approval.
- Dues were increased to cover rising field expenses, apparel and travel costs.
- A player referral program was established. Any current dues-paying member who recruits a player will receive a $25 credit when that recruit pays their dues in full.
- The club is establishing an online team store through Think! Graphics owned by previous club president Randy Phillips.
- The golf tournament is our major fall focus and largest fundraiser. All players are required to participate as either golfers or volunteers. The golf tournament will be held Saturday, September 14th at Silverado Golf Course - 7am start time.
- To celebrate our 50y anniversary of the club, we will be holding Alumni Weekend Saturday, November 9th! Details in the newsletter.
- We filled three chair positions with three players.
- Alec Horne will take over recruiting.
- Kevin Bauer will hold the social chair.
- Chris Haak has taken field chair duties.
- PJ Rovinelli will fulfill the role of CFO in addition to club president duties.
- The club is actively seeking a Head Coach of Women's Rugby. The women's club is up to 13 members!